P-1 Visa: Athletes and Entertainment Groups

       The P-1 visa is available to individual athletes and entertainment groups who are internationally recognized.  The P-1 visa holder does not necessarily need to be internationally recognized himself, but his/her team or performing group must be internationally recognized.  However, as part of an entertainment group, you must be an integral part of the group and have a sustained relationship with the group for at least one year in order to obtain a P-1 visa.  Circus personnel are exempt from this requirement.

       Aside from the P-1 visa, there is a P-2 visa for performers or groups under the reciprocal exchange program.  There is also a P-3 classification which is available to participants of culturally unique programs.

       Please contact our office if you would like more information on the P visa or to see if you are eligible.

Yova A. Borovska is an associate in the Immigration Practice Group. She concentrates her practice in the area of immigration. She handles all aspects of immigration law, including temporary visa processing, applications for permanent residence and naturalization, defense in removal proceedings, and applications for waivers of inadmissibility. Ms. Borovska received her B.A. from Eckerd College and her J.D., cum laude, from Stetson University College of Law.