Adjustment of Status

       Adjustment of Status describes one manner in which certain foreign nationals who are already present in the United States may apply for a green card.  If you are eligible for Adjustment of Status, you will not have to leave the U.S. to obtain your green card.  By contrast, anyone not eligible for adjustment of status must apply for a green card at a foreign consulate outside the United States via Consular Processing.

       Typically, in order to be eligible for adjustment of status, you must demonstrate that you: (1) entered the U.S. legally, and (2) never violated immigration laws.  However, there are certain exceptions to this rule such as in the case of immediate relatives and those eligible under Section 245(i).

       Please contact our office so we can help you determine if you are eligible for adjustment of status.

Haley R. Ayure practices in the areas of immigration, corporate and business transactions, and international law. Ms. Ayure has experience with all aspects of immigration law including business nonimmigrant visa petitions, family and employment-based applications for permanent residence, I-9 compliance, removal proceedings, and immigration appeals. She also has experience with business organizations, mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts, and other business transactions. Ms. Ayure speaks fluent Spanish. She received her B.A. from the University of Tampa and her J.D. from Stetson University College of Law.